We are hiring for a confident, intelligent, and hard-working test engineer to work full-time as a DoD Information Network Approved Products List (DoDIN APL) consultant for Tachyon Dynamics.
- Candidate will interact directly with vendor community and the DoDIN APL test personnel.
- Candidate will provide technical assessments of products and software as they relate to their overall cybersecurity and interoperability readiness for DoDIN APL using the Tachyon Dynamics lab systems.
- Candidate will provide on-site test support for vendors as required in the Fort Huachuca, AZ, Fort Meade, MD, Norfolk, VA, and/or San Antonio, TX periodically – so travel will be required from time to time.
- Candidate will prepare vendors for administrative, logistics, and technical readiness.
- Must be able to think well and fast on his/her feet.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication.
- Must be willing to work after work hours remotely
- Must have the drive to learn new things and quickly adapt to new challenges
- Must be able to work through projects and tasks with little to no supervision
- Must have a familiarity on the DoDIN APL test and evaluation process
- Tachyon Dynamics is a subject matter expert (SME) for all things DoDIN APL, and the candidate must have deep experience to draw from, and deep technical understanding of testing and enterprise network experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of test and evaluation experience in the DoD or US Government
- Must have at least 5 years of hands-on technical experience applying DISA Security and Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG)
- Must have a deep familiarity with the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Program (DIACAP), and familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework for DoD Information Technology (RMF)
- Must have at least 10 years of experience working in a DoD enterprise environment.
- Must be able to become DoD 8700 compliant (e.g. have current CompTIA Security+ CE) – IAM level 1 or IAT Level 2
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance and be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have at least a university Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have hands-on experience in the following vendor technology areas:
- VMware Virtualization (ESXi and VCenter)
- OpenVPN and other remote access solutions
- Linux and UNIX familiarity – BASH and Python scripting experience is preferred
- Windows 2019+ server operations – including Active Directory management
- Windows Group Policy Object (GPO) processing and Power Shell experience
- Cisco IOS and Juniper JUNOS familiarity – CCNA/CCNP/JNCA certifications are preferred
- Must have familiarity in the following technical areas:
- IPv4 and IPv6 – routing and troubleshooting
- TCP/UDP – troubleshooting and understanding of protocol operations
- Routing and Switching – Spanning Tree, Link Aggregation Groups, Ethernet Fabric, Network Virtualization, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, VRF-Lite
- Security technologies – IDS/IPS, SEIM tools
- Systems technologies – virtualization, database, web server, backup
Job Type: Full-time